UIDAI Update – A definitive guide on how to update you UID card online. It’s pretty common that most of the people will do mistake while filling out the new aadhaar card application form.
Keeping this in mind the UIDAI government released the two notifications for the people to make the necessary uidai update changes in their card either via online or offline.
On our site, we would like to let you know the complete procedure on how to make necessary updates in an easy way.
You have two options to choose one is to online and other one is through offline. We do share both ways such that you can choose either any one of them to update card.
Just before that, we would like to share two important rules that you have to follow before make any update request either through online or offline.
- You have unlimited chances to update your UIDAI card, except in DOB you have only one chance to update it.
- If you’re familiar with online efilling go with the online procedure – because you can track your application form status via uid website. If not you can even check out through the offline procedure in order to update your uid card.
Here we share complete step by step procedure on how to update your aadhaar card online.
A Detailed Process To Update Your UIDAI Card
Here we cover two methods in order to make correction changes or update your aadhaar card either via online or offline.
All of the information and details should be gathered from the official website to make it easy for you. First, we go with the online procedure followed by offline and also we do list most frequent asked questions below.
Online Procedure Method
Via online you can make the following changes to your card. You can make necessary uidai updates through online itself.
- Email Id
- Mobile Number
- Date of birth
Just before that you need to visit the official online update request link here. But, we do request to read all the guidelines that we shared over here such that you will get a complete idea and you will come to know the list of mistakes in order to avoid again.
1. As per UIDAI update, your mobile number must be registered with your aadhaar card. If your mobile number is not registered you can’t able to make any update request changes. In this case, you must contact the nearest PAC in order to update your mobile number.
2. Here is the procedure: If your mobile number is already registered with your UID card. Then, in that case, please do visit the official link which we do share above.
3. After all that, you are required to enter your UIDAI number and verify the mobile number through OTP ( One time password ) once your mobile number is verified you are now allowed to make necessary correction changes and there you can update your UIDAI card via the ssup website.
4. You can change whatever information that you wish for. But, make sure you have all the necessary documents to be scanned ready.
5. You are allowed to fill the application form both in the local language and English. If it is online efilling only English is enough.
6. If you would like to change the date of birth on uidai update site, you are allowed to enter the correct DOB as per follows:
- DDMMYYY – Format is mandatory.
7. If you would like to change the name of the application then please do avoid the salutations/titles before that name, for example, Dr. /Mr. /Col. etc
8. You don’t need to write the previous old name. Just fill the written name provided the blank space.
9. If you would like to change the C/O details like spouse/guardian/parent. You need to submit the address proof documents C/o details can be updated as a part of Address update.
- It is not mandatory to provide C/O details while correcting you address in uidai update request form.
Color Scanned Documents – Are Mandatory
- If you would like to change the name – Then attach the necessary color scanned document.
- For address change – check out the list of POA below and attach one color scanned a document.
- For the date of birth change – upload the necessary DOB color scanned a document.
10. You need not produce any documents for gender, Emai Id, mobile number update request.
- Once you have done the necessary request. Then do submit the application form via online.
Make sure to note the URN number and also download the acknowledgment number. for future reference.
While you are updating the necessary request changes online if you were unable to find the following information such as like:
- Post Office
That’s the complete procedure for the UIDAI via online. Below do share the offline procedure also do check it out.
In the case of an offline procedure, everything is same as we do mention above but with a little change here as follows.
First of all, you need to download the application form from here: Link to download the application form here.
- Now fill out that application form in CAPITAL letters.
2. Registered mobile number is mandatory to send the update request through a post. If your mobile number is not registered then in that case you need to contact the PAC center to get it updated.
3. Fill the application form both in English and local language.
4. You are only supposed to fill the blank spaces which are a need for modification.
5. If you want to make modifications in address/Identity/DOB attach the necessary documents – One document is enough for each update request.
6. Prefer color scanned documents – for the process of a speedy verification process.
7. If your child is below 5 years parents are allowed to sign the request form.
Once you done with the necessary request changes. Please do mention on envelope as
“ Aadhaar Update/Correction ” and seal it properly.
As per government rules, the updating may not change immediately. The officials were needed to verify the supported documents upon confirmation your uidai details will be updated asap.
You can send to any one of the following address:
- Post Box Number 10
- Madhya Pradesh – 480001,
- Post Box No. 99,
- Banjara Hills,
- Hyderabad – 500034,
That’s it. we do also share a list of the documents that are required for the uidai update request here as follows:
Here are the list of POI – Proof of Identity documents
|Sr.NO||SSUP - POI - List|
|4||Voter identity card|
|6||Gvrnmnt Photo Id issued by PSU|
|7||NREGS Job Card|
|8||Photo ID issued by Recognized Educational Institution|
|11||Photo Credit Card / debit card|
|12||Pensioner Photo Card|
|13||Freedom Fighter Photo Card|
|14||Kissan Photo Passbook|
|15||CGHS / ECHS Photo Card|
|16||Address Card having Name and Photo issued by Department of Posts|
|17||Certificate of Identify having photo issued by Gazetted Officer or Tehsildar on letterhead|
|18||Disability ID Card/handicapped medical certificate issued by the respective State/UT|
|19||Affidavit executed on non-judicial stamp paper to be submitted by a woman applicant for name change after marriage (Joint Affidavit to be submitted along with her husband with joint photo)|
|21||Proof of Marriage document issued by the Registrar|
|23||Legal Name Change Certificate|
|24||(For above documents, where original document does not have photo, the photocopy/scan of the documents must be taken along with the Resident's photo)|
List of DOB – Date of Birth documents
|Sr.No||SSUP -DOB - List|
|1||Birth Certificate - Try to give prominent first for this.|
|4||Certificate of Date of Birth issued by Group A Gazetted Officer on letterhead|
|6||10th score card issued by Govt.|
|7||Govt photo Id issued by PSU with DOB|
|8||Cenrtal State Pension Payment Order|
|9||Central Govt. Health Service Scheme photo card or Ex Servicemen contributory health scheme photo card|
List of address proof documents:
- Voter Id card
- Ration card
- Bank statement/passbook
- Electricity Bill- which is not older than 3 months.
Hope you will understand on how to proceed with the UIDAI update. If you would like to know more information than do leave a comment here at the end of the post. our team will help you out related to any query asap.
Check Updated Status Online
Once you have done with the necessary UIDAI update all you have to do now is to check your application form status.
Here is the complete step by step process:
Here is the official link to check the status:
Now, just fill out with your aadhaar number and URN number.
Click on Get Status. That’s it.
If you lost the URN number – then don’t need to worry much about that. The status updates will automatically be sent to your registered mobile number.
Most Frequent Asked Questions:
Q.1: What are the changes that I can make through via online or offline?
A: As we do already share above you can make all the necessary updates, Name, Address, DOB ( Only one chance ), Mobile Number, Gender, Email ID.
Q.2: Can I also fill the old details?
A: No ! You are allowed to fill only the uidai update changes in the blank space provided on the application form.
Q.3: How many documents can I attach for each upate?
A: Only one document for each modification – prefer color scanned copy.
Q.4: How many days it will take to get it updated by the UIDAI?
A. It depends, most of the time it will take around two to three weeks. Subject to verification of the data. If the documents that you provided are not matched with the application form your application might be rejected.
So, please be careful while filling the application form and also attach the necessary support documents as well.
Do verify it over and over gain to avoid re-update again in the future.
Q.5: I lost the URN number and also acknowledgment slip? How Can I track the status?
A: If you lost the URN number, don’t need to worry much about that – the UIDAI will automatically send the updates to your registered mobile number.
Q.6: I changed the address – on which address the UID card will deliver?
A: Of course your new UID card will be delivered to the updated address.
That’s it ! If you have any doubts related to the information about UIDAI update then do leave a comment here at the end of the post.